Equijewel 20kg Ridley
Equijewel 20kg Ridley
Equi-Jewel is the original, research-proven stabilised rice bran that provides high-fat, low-starch cool energy as well as vitamin E, selenium and bioavailable calcium. Further, Equi-Jewel is the only conditioning supplement that includes KER BMC™, scientifically proven to support gastric and hindgut health.
Equi-Jewel provides the equine athlete with a highly palatable form of calories, fibre, and protein to assist in maintaining condition and building muscle and topline.
“I have been feeding Equi-Jewel for 20 years. Because the feed is so versatile, I am able to manage the diets of my top four-star eventers all the way down to four-year-olds just starting their careers. Equi-Jewel provides my horses with enough energy for cross-country but rideability for the dressage,” said Megan Jones, an Olympic three-day-event rider.
Why choose Equi-Jewel?
- Uses a high-fat, low-starch, cool-energy approach for adding calories, making it ideal for horses intolerant to grain or prone to hot behavior, tying-up or gastric ulcers;
- Features KER BMC, scientifically proven to increase the buffering capacity of the stomach and hindgut to boost digestive health and efficiency;
- Provides low-glycemic calories (glycemic index below 50), compared to beet pulp (GI of 70) and common sweet feeds (GI of over 100);
- Improves topline, coat, and body condition in show, sale, and performance horses of all ages;
- Supports muscle recovery in performance horses through vitamin E and selenium; and
- Offers highly digestible and palatable calories with a low feeding rate.
Equi-Jewel not only provides cool, slow-release energy but also has the added benefit of supporting gut health. Equi-Jewel contains KER BMC, which has been shown to be more highly digestible than other forms of calcium, including calcium carbonate. KER BMC has been shown to increase buffering capacity and reduce the incidence of ulcers, as well as moderate the pH of the hindgut to prevent acidosis.
Equi-Jewel also contains essential omega-6 fatty acids, which reduce gastric acid secretion and increase the output of protective prostaglandins, making Equi-Jewel an important component in the diet of horses at risk of gastric ulcers and hindgut disturbances.